Monday, March 23, 2009

BRACE YOURSELF - or not

Home teaching in the Singles Ward can be Email, phone call, meeting in the hall or whatever. We try to do all of these, including a survival kit for our Harvard 7 (plus one Harvard investigator).

Each bag had a mentos, twix and gum. How clever. Thanks to Mom.


I now have a different opinion about "cheap haircuts". Mom assures me I will get lots of mileage out of this one. I think the "stylist" tried to help out my missionary image or belongs to the "Chruch of the Devil" and wanted to get to me.



Went in looking like a missionary - came out looking a marine.




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

About the hair cut...yes, I was in the car talking on the phone. Lesson learned - never leave your companion. People say "it will grow out" but it has been a week and no change. Dad is a brave, brave man. There have been no tears. We laugh a lot, well mostly me. Dad is still adorable, and the best companion. Mom

Wendy said...

Oh Dad, I'm so sorry about the haircut! I think I'm supposed to say "It doesn't look that bad," but I am laughing too hard. The survival kits look great. I'm sure everyone you don't home teach is jealous (including me). Love you!

Tylershark said...

I am going to put together my own survival kit and eat it.

Jennifer B. said...

just speechless.

Jennifer B. said...

Okay, I'm recovering from the surprise.

Dad, it's good you are so handsome. Not every man could sport such a short haircut and still look as cute as you do!

Those survival kits are fantastic! Your students are awfully lucky.

Andrew said...

I think church of the Devil. We'd send Cindy out there for you if we could. Try some pomade.

Michelle S. said...

Dad you have our love and support! Mom, I hope you weren't on the phone with me when this happened.

Clark said...

Dad make sure to "chews the right" hair stylist next time you need a hair cut. Love the survival kits... and especially loved Dad's new dew. Marines everywhere use that cut to frighten away the enemies.

Sharon said...

It feels good to have a good laugh.