Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Last Post

Lots has happened since we last wrote. This is Betty. She lives near Shanghai China and was very enthusiastic about returning home and sharing the gospel. Her baptism was very sweet.



Betty poses with Bishop Roger Porter. He is a great Bishop. He has a whole page on Wiki.


Mom does a wonderful job for "Kick Off Seminary multi-stake convention.



Another view. Still looks wonderful. Her training was even better. She presented two times.




The monument at the Old North Bridge. This is where the first shots were fired beginning the Revolutionary War. Mom's Great Great ____Grandfather was part of the original "Minute Men" group of rebels. This event is referred to as the "shot heard round the World".



Chelsea at the Old North Bridge. Doesn't she look lovely.




We really enjoyed having Tyler and Chelsea for a weekend. They were wonderful guests.



Not far from North Bridge was Walden's Pond.



Fresh Pond in Autumn. Beautiful.



Our Cambridge Home. It was a wonderful place to live. We have loved it here in Cambridge, but it will be great to be in old Huntington Beach again.



Our Apartment building. If you count down from the upper left corner, four floors - we are the 4th - 6th windows. Neat.



You can tell mom is in charge of the camera now. Each of our Wednesday Night students had a name plate.


Our classroom at EDS. We usually had at least 20 or more students. It was a great class - mostly Harvard and MIT students. Contrary to perceived opinion, these students are very humble and ready to learn. Bright, yes but motivated to do the right things. We have loved teaching the class' here in Boston.




The Mayflower 2. We do not know what happened to the Mayflower 1. It may have been involved in a water skiing accident.



Do you like my cane? It matches my suit. I think the boat is older than I am, but we can't be sure. Certainly the original was.




The Plymouth Rock Monument.



How nice to find a rock with the correct year on it. It must have surprised the pilgrims when they first saw it.





Near Plymouth. No comment necessary.



The Fall season is beautiful.



More Autumn



Our backyard.





The Longfellow Park Chapel is coming along. Not soon enough for us to move back in before we have to go.




EDS - our temporary home.




More.




Yellow is nice.





Our lone Seminary student from Colorado. Cierra left yesterday for home, her treatments completed. She had a wonderful Apostolic Blessing from Elder Ballard. It was a priviledge for me to stand with him as he blessed her. The Lord, as always, showers us with Tender Mercies.



The Belmont Chapel, next to the Temple.



The landscaping next to the Chapel.



Mom and I hosted the Senior Missionary training (lunch and a speaker, Brother Chapman). It turned out very well. We had to leave early to meet with Elder Ballard and transport Cierra.


8 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Great photos! Nice job on your training and the dinner--it looks great. How beautiful all the fall leaves are too. Thank you so much for the post. I love all your clever comments!

Papa said...

nice work.

Suzanne said...

What a treat to find a new post this morning! I love getting a glimpse of the wonderful work you are doing. I can't wait to read the Huntington Beach Blog.

Natalie S. said...

I'm with you, Suzanne! I'm glad I could catch up on everything. It sounds like you both had a lot of fun!

Michelle S. said...

Beautiful post! It was touching to see your service in pictures. Your mission meant so much to the family. How blessed we are to have you as parents.

Clark said...

Awesome pictures. See you soon!!!

Anonymous said...

I have loved reading your blog! It was so fun to see you on Friday. I am so glad you are home. I can't wait for Thanksgiving. You two are the best! I love talking and laugjing with you.

Lauren Niederhauser said...

I loved reading your blog too! This one really made me laugh though... Love you guys!